Chartered in 1900 on January 25 under the name Summerside Board of Trade, the name was later changed to the Greater Summerside Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber is a voluntary organization of progressive business and professional persons engaged in the promotion of trade and commerce being concerned with the improvement of the economic, civic and social welfare of the Greater Summerside Area.
Being a non-profit organization operating with an elected executive of seven and eight directors with over 460 members representing 4200+ employees. The Chamber constantly works towards…
- Maintenance of a healthy business atmosphere in the area
- Improved understanding of business and economic problems
- Promotion and development of tourism
- Liaison with governments at all levels to ensure considered opinions of the Chamber are adequately expressed
- Promote industrial development in the area