Travel and Gatherings on PEI
While the effects of COVID-19 will be felt for quite some time, the M&CPEI team is primed to work with partners and clients alike to foster the rebound and recovery of our industry. Recognizing how essential the sector is to PEI’s economy, the M&C PEI is dedicated to guiding the industry through the gradual re-opening the Island to meetings and conventions.
We want to help you meet again and celebrate our Island hospitality and strong industry on PEI.
- Hold an Event on PEI
- Travel to / from PEI
- Get inspired for your future getaway
- Let us help you host your Future Event
- #MeetSafe on PEI
- Double Bubble Promotion
Larger organized gatherings (e.g. worship services, meetings, organized sports and recreation, day camps, events including weddings, funerals, burials, and graduations) are permitted to include no more than 50 people indoor or outdoor.
*Please note* Non-medical masks are no longer required for indoor gatherings on PEI, however, they are still recommended until fully vaccinated (2 doses). Social distancing and hand-washing measures are still in effect.
- An operational plan that is made available on inspection
- Physical distancing of 2 meters maintained with individuals who are not part of one’s household
- Limited sharing of equipment among individuals from different households and precautions taken
- For personal gatherings (e.g. large families having visitors or playing frisbee in the park), limits are your household and up to twenty (20) additional individuals indoors and outdoors, while maintaining a two-metre separation.
- For facilities (indoor or outdoor) with separate rooms or large spaces that can accommodate more than one gathering at a time, 3 additional cohorts of up to 50 people may be held, provided:
- groups are kept separate
- the multiple gatherings guidance is followed.
- operational plans are completed and prior approval by the Chief Public Health Office is received, with the exception of weddings and funerals which are not eigible for multiple gatherings.
More about Meeting on PEI – Meetings, Conventions, Festivals and Events Guidance and Multiple Gatherings Guidance
Prince Edward Island is following a 5-step reopening plan, with dates subject to change depending on COVID-19 cases in the region and vaccination rates in the province.
Step 2 began on June 27, 2021. Travel within Atlantic Canada is permitted to PEI for permanent residents of Atlantic Canada with no travel streams or pre-travel approval; no isolation for fully or partially vaccinated travelers with testing; shortened isolation and testing for unvaccinated travelers.. For more information on the 5-step plan, please see here.
For vaccinated travellers with 0ne or two doses, you can apply for a PEI Pass at www.princeedwardisland.ca/peipass for faster screening at points of entry and for no requirement of self-isolation.
Effective July 18, 2021, travel from anywhere in Canada is expected to reopen, with the same restrictions currently within the Atlantic bubble.
To Discover Charlottetown and its new Local Goods Guide https://www.discovercharlottetown.com/local-goods-guide/ or get inspired for future getaway, by ordering their 2020 Official Travel Guide https://www.discovercharlottetown.com/travel-guide/
To Explore Summerside – The City by the Sea visit https://exploresummerside.com/
True Island living – Points East Coastal Drive http://www.pointseastcoastaldrive.com
Miles and Miles of Beaches – North Cape Coastal Drive https://northcapedrive.com
Cavendish Forever – Cavendish Beach https://cavendishbeachpei.com/
Everything to love about Central Coastal PEI https://centralcoastalpei.com
Core criteria to meeting safe on PEI
PEI has opened to the rest of Atlantic Canada June 27, 2021 and if we stay on our present course with Islanders getting vaccinated we hope to welcome the rest of you back to PEI sooner than later.
Our partners across PEI are ready to host your business meeting Atlantic Canada and we are offering a special promotion for the rest of the year called the Double Bubble Promo.
With this promo, if you book a NEW meeting or business event in Prince Edward Island in 2021, you will qualify to double select concessions, discounts and rewards.
Some of those doubled rewards might include:
- Double the loyalty points
- Double the complimentary guestroom policy
- Double the discount on meeting space
- Double the complimentary upgrades
- And more!
Thank you NFL, Golf PEI and Canada’s Food Island for joining us with this promo. With their help we will also be offering complimentary NFL Ferry passes, Golf PEI gift certificates and Canada’s Food Island gift cards to groups who qualify for the promo