The Florence Simmons Performance Hall, located in the Charlottetown Centre on Holland College’s Prince of Wales Campus, is the newest, and yet one of the most historical, venues in Prince Edward Island.
Once the hub of activity for the Prince of Wales College and the community, the performance hall has been extensively renovated and updated. Honoring the integrity of the building’s 1932 art deco beginnings while incorporating state-of-the-art technology, the hall provides audiences with the ultimate, intimate performance experience. In addition to being the ideal location for soft-seaters, the hall provides a perfect venue for speaking engagements and business presentations.
The performance hall features a large lobby and box office. The lobby is the ideal place to host a reception prior to a performance.
A 2,100 sq.-ft. lounge inside the theatre is suitable for entertaining up to 150 people prior to a performance.
The 303-seat performance space features an 850 sq.-ft. stage. The room offers access to the seating from the top and bottom of the room, and is wheelchair accessible.
The overall depth of the stage is 28 feet from the front of the stage to the back wall. The stage is 35 ft. wide, with a proscenium opening of 30 ft. 6 in.
To book the performance hall, or for more information, email email@example.com or call (902) 894 6885.
|Meeting Rooms||Sq. Ft.||Capacity|
|Theater||850 (Stage only)||303|
Guest Services Attendants: $15.50 per attendant, per hour
Ticket System – Ticket Pro
Security: $20 per hour per guard
Facility Cleaning: $100 per rental
*All prices plus 15% HST
House-Front productions provides technical services for all event rentals. When you book the venue, we will work with House Front to meet your technical requirements.
- Event lead: $17.50/hour, min. 4 hours (required for all hours client is in facility to oversee space & staff)
- Box Office Attendant: $15.50/hour, min. 3 hours each
- Guest Services Attendants: $15.50/hour, min. 4 hours each (# of GSAs dependent on attendance*)
- 0-50: 1 | 51-100: 2 |101-150: 3 151-200: 4| 200 +: 5
- *If client fails to update FSPH of total ticket sales within 3 days of event they will be charged for the original number of GSAs booked during planning process.
- Technicians: $35.00/ hour, min. 4 hours each (# of technicians dependent on needs of client)
- Security services: $20.00/ hour, min. 4 hours (hours charged dependent on day hours booked)
Please note: Some of the above staff charges may not apply as they are dependent on your event needs. Please contact us for further details and we will be happy to create an estimate based on your event details.
Additional days for rehearsal/ setup rental: $400/ day (required for all rehearsal, setup and tear-down days which prohibit other events.)
SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada) fees as applicable.
Poster distribution: $0.50/ poster for off-campus distribution/ free for on-campus (Holland College) distribution
The following marketing is offered at no extra charge:
- Florence Simmons Performance Hall website.
- Monthly OnStage Newsletter ( client provides write-up – due the 15th of the month prior to event)
- Florence Simmons Performance Hall Box Office window poster (client provides poster – due the 15th of the month prior to event)
- Florence Simmons Performance Hall & Holland College Facebook/ Instagram
Audio Console (1)
– 40 channels (32 mono mic/line plus 4 stereo mic/line) with 100mm faders
– 16 outputs.
Audio Snake (2)
– 16-input channel digital snake with eight (8) return channels located on Stage Right
– 16-input channel digital snake with six (6) return channels located on Stage Left
Front of House – Mid / High Cabinets (1 per side)
Front of House – Subwoofer cabinet (1 per side)
Front Fills (4)
Balcony Fills (3)
Monitor Cabinets (6)
6 – Vocal microphones: Shure SM58
4 – Instrumental microphones: Shure SM57
6 – Direct input boxes
40 – 25 ft. microphone cables
10 – 50 ft. microphone cables
2 – Wireless UHF handheld microphones; Shure SLX24SM58
6 – Tall extendable boom stands with tripod legs; K&M; 21100-300-55 Black
4 – Short extendable boom stands with tripod legs; K&M; 25900 Black
LED Ellipsoidal Lighting Fixtures
18 – S4 LED Series 2 Light Engine Body and Shutter barrel
14 deg lens tube with lens installed (4)
19 deg lens tube with lens installed (4)
26 deg lens tube with lens installed (6)
36 deg lens tube with lens installed (4)
5 – S4 LED Series 2 Light Engine Body and Cyc
LED CYC Lens
LED Wash Fixture
14 – Selador D40
1500 Outputs Control Capability
2 x DMX 512 Ports
19” LCD Touch Screen Monitor