- 03 generations of experience at your side
- 75 culinary events during the International Shellfish Festival
- 05 month peak season to savour fresh bar clams
Set out on a full day adventure to an unforgettable meal. Don your gear (masks, snorkel, wetsuit and more) and head out with family and new friends into chest deep waters in search of lunch. Catch your fill. Head out to explore the beach, swim in the warm waters and explore the island’s most famous lighthouse while a seasoned pro cooks your lunch right there on the beach, steps from where you found them. On your way back, learn about the lobsters, rock crabs and mussels that frequent these waters and stop to admire seals who are as interested in your adventure as you are in theirs. Along the way enjoy maritime hospitality and the stories that go along with a skill that has been passed from generation to generation.
Why you should visit:
- Get a first class lesson in what it’s like to be a local as you work alongside the crew to bring in the catch.
- Learn the secret of the traditional PEI technique for cooking lobster, the differences between them and the best way to eat them.
- Don a wetsuit, grab a snorkel and mask and go searching for the clams in chest-deep ocean water.
- Following some beachcombing, settle in for the best beach cookout you’ve ever experienced.
- Discover another type of seaside experience and find inner peace on or alongside PEI waters with a Kundalini Yoga experience.
- Turn your eyes skyward to encounter some of the island’s most precious birds.
- Head out with your camera on a tour of the lighthouses that dot the coast of the island.